Iron Workers Local 401 contributed to 7 Delco pols last year
The political action committee of Iron Workers Local 401 contributed to the campaigns of seven Delaware County political figures last year.
The union had 10 members, including business manager Joseph Dougherty, indicted this week for allegedly conspiring to commit extortion, arson, property destruction and assault in order to force construction contractors to hire union ironworkers. More on that here.
The union’s PAC donated to dozens of political campaigns throughout the state last year, including seven campaigns with direct ties to Delaware County:
- Friends of Joe McGinn, Feb. 20, $1,000;
- Bob Brady for Congress, March 26, $5,000;
- Friends of David White, April 9, $400;
- Friends of Ted Erickson, May 6, $500;
- Friends of Joe Sestak, Sept. 5, $5,000;
- John Kane for State Senate, Sept. 30, $7,500;
- Committee to elect Ron Waters, Oct. 14, $500.
The Daily Times is contacting each of them to see whether they plan to keep, return or donate the money.