Here’s what happened at Delaware County Council:
Delaware County Council approved the county’s Department of Human Services 2014-15 plan for the Block Grant Pilot Program, which allocated $43.28 million to various mental health, intellectual disabilities, homeless assistance and children and youth services. The plan was presented for public comment twice earlier this month and detailed on the county’s web site.
Other resolutions approved by County Council included:
- The issuance by the Delaware County Authority of up to $70 million of its revenue bonds to Villanova University. The university has requested to refinance its 2005 and 2006 bonds.
- An amendment to an agreement with Gillan and Hartman Consulting Engineers for construction period services required for HVAC renovations at the Juvenile Detention Center at a price not to exceed $32,700.
- A supplemental allocation of $29,200 to Mother’s Home for shelter improvements, which was granted Community Development Block Grant funding in the county’s Consolidated Housing and Community Development Action plan. Bids for the project came in higher than anticipated, according to Linda Hill, director of the county’s Office of Housing and Community Development.
- A 2015 Transist Support Program Grant agreement with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission for $114,849. The funding is split between the county, which is paying $27,345 of in-kind donations, and the DVRPC and United States Dept. of Transportation, which is providing $87,504.
- A 2015 Regional GIS Implementation Grant agreement with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission for $25,000. The funding comes from DVRPC.
- A 2015 Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Grant agreement with the DVRPC for $76,000. The funding is split between the county, which is paying $15,200 of in-kind donations, and DVRPC and the USDOT, which is providing $60,800.
- Appointments of Kate Schramm, of Springfield; Emily Harris, of Edgmont; Caitlin Ganley, of Upper Darby; and Anne Marie Murphy, of Chadds Ford, to the Delaware County Women’s Commission. Schramm was appointed to a term expiring in June 2015. The others were appointed to terms ending in June 2017.
- Appointments of Kevin O’Donoghue, of Concord; Stephanie Kosta, of Upper Darby; and Mary Sandone, of Darby Township, to the Brandywine Conference and Visitor’s Bureau.
- Appointment of Robert Kelly Jr., of Thornbury, to the Delaware County Hero Scholarship Fund board for a term ending October 2015.
- An agreement with HVS for appraisal services at $58,000.